People often ask me about my networking strategy, how I'm able to get the kinds of guests I land for the How To SaaS podcast, companies to advise/consult etc.
My answer is always a long form of saying good networking is actually always about seeking to add value to others (which sounds like a backwards and obvious strategy all at the same time).
Here are my 5 pillars:
- Understand people's biggest challenges, struggles and opportunities
- Have absolute clarity and self-awareness of areas where and how you can be of service
- Be of service whenever possible to help them solve those problems
- Give, give, give, without any expectation of receiving anything back
- Connect amazing people in your network with each other so that they can find ways to add value to each other's lives without you