Always be Helping
Always helping your prospect get closer to their stated and unstated goals has to be the simplest, most effective sales advice.
It means adopting principles like:
- Make it about them, not you
- Act as a their fiduciary in their best interests, even if it doesn't help you
- Give them free content and advice to get them closer to their goals, even if they don't buy from you
- Generating awareness around how customers with the pain point can alleviate that pain.
All three of these involve having Marketing play a major role. Marketing needs to:
- Position the customers as the hero and showcase how the solutions helps them on their hero's journey.
- Clearly articulate who the solution is best suited for, and who it is not a fit for so that the organization knows who not to sell to.
- Build content that helps customers and prospects self-serve their way to a solution and establishes authority and trust within a market.
- Distribute and disseminate the message so that more people with the pain can reach a resolution.
Marketing functions that understand this are best positioned to help drive sales effectively.
Organizations that understand this is marketing's role continue to fund marketing's efforts as a sales necessity, not as a cost center.
Subscribe to SaaS Marketing Simplified!
Get bite-sized insights on SaaS marketing, growth and strategy in your inbox a few times a week.