Consistent Audience Building
Building an audience takes time. This is the 100th drawing of SaaS Marketing Simplified. Here are the biggest lessons from the journey so far:
- Have something valuable to say -- Don't just spew more bad content into the universe.
- Have a unique voice -- Say it in a way that only you can say it.
- Always seek to add value -- Make it about the audience, never about yourself.
- Produce evergreen content -- Create content that can create enterprise value long-term. Otherwise, you'll be creating topical content forever.
- Create content that creates leverage -- We use this same content for paid advertising to our ideal customer profiles.
- Build your own list with unique value -- The SaaS Marketing Simplified newsletter has over 50% open rates on email number 70.
- Nurture with education -- Consistent content will help your sales pipeline will grow because you have pre-built trust.
- Don't take shortcuts -- I've rejected multiple offers to join "engagement" groups etc. to boost the engagement on my posts.
- Build a relationship with your audience -- Get to know the people actively supporting your content. A community is even better.
- Scale up content as the audience grows -- How To SaaS is working on a book, podcast and course (all coming soon).
Subscribe to SaaS Marketing Simplified!
Get bite-sized insights on SaaS marketing, growth and strategy in your inbox a few times a week.