Mental Health vs Productivity
Rethinking meetings for mental health and productivity is more important now than ever before. Here are 12 principles worth following:
- Don’t use the full scheduled window
- Gamify / add rewards for ending meetings earlier
- Don’t attend meetings you don’t need to be present for
- Don’t invite everyone possible to a meeting
- Add a 5-10 minute buffer minimum between meetings
- 7 to 10 minute meetings are often all that’s needed
- Longer meetings don’t equal increased value
- Sometimes the best meeting is no meeting
- Use asynchronous communication (Loom, Slack) instead of meetings
- Cancel / push unnecessary meetings every morning
- Change frequency of recurring meetings. They don't need to be as frequent as you think.
- Try to purposely take a day / afternoon / morning off meetings
Subscribe to SaaS Marketing Simplified!
Get bite-sized insights on SaaS marketing, growth and strategy in your inbox a few times a week.