The best companies treat Positioning as an ongoing, ever-evolving loop influenced by their market and customers, not as a one-time exercise with an end point.
Each time you tell your company's narrative and story, more prospects are found and more deals are closed. Each cohort of customers reveals additional information about:
1) What types of customers are ideal fits
2) Who has the most success with the product
3) What type of messaging resonates with those customers
4) What pain points the product still fails to address
5) What other solutions those customers are looking for
As more information is uncovered, it needs to be fed back into positioning to change the overarching story around a company / brand.
With every cycle, more scale is found because more opportunity is uncovered (e.g. more TAM, higher LTV etc.)
Get bite-sized insights on SaaS marketing, growth and strategy in your inbox a few times a week.