The New CMO
The 8 roles all new CMOs need to play:
- Be revenue accountable and tie all activities to revenue impact
- Be one of the key leaders on the sales side of the business to understand how to impact revenue even more
- Be the designer of customer experiences throughout the full journey
- Be a brand builder and category creator
- Be a member / leader of the pricing committee
- Be a driver of strategic growth initiatives, including involvement in product management
- Be a corporate development officer to support M&A activities of the company
- Be a financial steward who ensures delivery of growth and EBITDA
To learn more about hiring CMOs and other marketing leaders for portfolio companies, read our full article: How to Hire Marketing Leaders for PE-Backed Companies.
Subscribe to SaaS Marketing Simplified!
Get bite-sized insights on SaaS marketing, growth and strategy in your inbox a few times a week.